training: Online and In Person
Our two online trainings cover all the content of our in-person workshop, presented by two faculty members, representing both design and construction perspectives. The programs are divided into modules that you can select and access individually in the order of presentation or as needed for review purposes. Review questions are included at the end of each section to confirm your understanding of that module. You will have 24 hour / 7 day a week access to the training program for a 30 day period from the date of registration.
On-Line / On-Demand Trainings
Green Advantage Online Training
Gain an overall understanding of the Green Building Design and Construction process via our Green Advantage® workshop. This program presents LEED® specific construction related concepts which are beneficial to both the contractor and design professional, by “connecting the LEED® dots” throughout the building process.The goal of the training is to understand and enforce the core concepts and construction principles behind sustainable buildings, integrate green practices and strategies into construction processes and, become knowledgeable enough about the LEED® rating system, as it applies to construction, to support the design team and building owner throughout the construction process.This workshop qualifies for 7.5 LEED® specific credentialing hours for both BD&C and ID&C disciplines, 8 CES credits for AIA, and 8 PDH units for registered professional engineers.
Cost: $179 or is available as an add–on to one of our in-person workshops for $90. An accompanying workbook will be available for download within the course.
Click here to register.
Building the Green Home Online Training
This on-line, on demand offering is a training program that is beneficial for not only contractors and trades-people in the residential building and construction industry, but also for developers, real estate professionals, homeowners and for those seeking to gain a better understanding of the green building industry as it relates to residential construction and adequately prepare the attendee for many of the industry’s challenges. This course meets the LEED for Homes Green Rater eligibility qualification for 8 hours of education that comprehensively covers residential green building strategies.
Upon completion of the training, you will be able to:
--Identify core components and concepts of green building design and construction
--Apply sustainable concepts to residential construction and remodeling
--Identify and be able to apply best building practices as they relate to: Site management, Water conservation and control
Energy conservation and management, Materials selections and usage, Indoor air and environmental quality
--Identify and understand the various residential rating systems
Click here to register.
Questions can be emailed to: email@example.com.
- Live On-Site Trainings: Available By Request
- Contact us today if you'd like to schedule any of the following trainings:
- Gain an overall understanding of the Green Building Design and Construction process via our Green Advantage® workshop. This program presents LEED® specific construction related concepts which are beneficial to both the contractor and design professional, by “connecting the LEED® dots” throughout the building process.The goal of the training is to understand and enforce the core concepts and construction principles behind sustainable buildings, integrate green practices and strategies into construction processes and, become knowledgeable enough about the LEED® rating system, as it applies to construction, to support the design team and building owner throughout the construction process.This workshop qualifies for 7.5 LEED® specific credentialing hours for both BD&C and ID&C disciplines, 8 CES credits for AIA, and 8 PDH units for registered professional engineers.
*This training can be combined with Fundamentals of Sustainability for a 1 and 1/2 day training at a discounted price.
"Talk the Talk" Sessions
Resource Dynamics/Green Building Education is offering two-hour mini sessions designed to enhance your sustainability knowledge and sales abilities in the green market place. We'll teach you the LEED® best practices for presenting products and how your newly discovered product knowledge will assist you in supporting the design and construction teams and gaining market share. Our trainers will place you on the path to understand what you need to know to present that information and succeed in the building design and construction community.
Building the Green Home
Green Building Education has developed a training program, “Building the Green Home”, which is beneficial for not only contractors and trades-people in the residential building construction industry, but also for developers and homeowners. The Residential program was developed through collaboration between home builders/developers and crafts persons. This curriculum is essentially industry specific to new construction, but it also contains aspects of renovation/additions and modular/manufactured housing. It gives the attendees knowledge of current ratings systems and explores the categories of rating systems and tools. It also affords an understanding of the prescriptive systems that assign points to various conservation features, computational systems which use tools to estimate energy consumption and performance systems that assess the energy efficiency ratings based on past fuel consumption. The extent of field validation/verification of individual systems and tools is discussed. An overview of the use and implementation of a home energy rating systems; LEED®, Green Globes®, NAHB®, Energy Star, RESNET®, HERS® is also included. The Residential program meets the same high standards as our commercial offering and can adequately prepare the attendee for many of the industry’s certification tests.
Green Building for Code Officials
Green building methodologies are well on their way to becoming the standard for new construction and the rehabilitation of buildings and homes. No longer a passing fad States, Municipalities as well as both public and private entities are reaping the benefits of going green. Green Saves Safely™ will prepare code officials, building inspectors, elected officials, planners, and design and construction professionals to recognize and understand green building elements and systems. The seminar begins by defining green building, introducing key principles and an exploration of building components: Site, Resource Efficiency, Energy and Renewables, Water Efficiency, and Indoor Environmental Quality. Attendees will be shown the most current and leading edge construction products and techniques. In the second half of Green Saves Safely™ participants learn about the next generation of green buildings, examples include: Living Buildings, Carbon and Water Neutral, and Passive Survivability. The next section, “Integrating Green into the Regulatory Process” addresses green building as it relates to the I-codes, the NEC, NFC and NSPC. Course instructors will demonstrate how code and code official’s play a role in tackling the most challenging environmental and national security issues. The day concludes with an overview of national green building and energy programs; building and employee certifications; and finally Federal Policy and Incentives for energy and green initiatives.
- This two session course will provide an overview of the LEED Green Associate credentialing process, as well as give helpful tips and resources for passing the exam. The LEED Green Associate credential is a new designation for 2009, but it is also the first step in obtaining a LEED AP specialization under the new LEED v3. This course will review logistics of taking the exam, including format and content, provide tips on how to prepare for the exam, and provide you with sample questions. No course can provide “all the answers to the exam” and in order to pass you will still need to spend additional study time outside this review course in order to prepare for the exam.
GBE: Fundamentals of Sustainability
- The first half of this course is designed to enhance your sustainability knowledge so you can better navigate your way through the green marketplace.You will be presented with the process by which American society is becoming green and how business and industry are taking this “new” old concept and are changing the way they operate and market their businesses. You will review best practices for determining how green a product is, and you’ll explore how green has integrated itself into and has been embraced by large segments of industry such as building design and construction.The second half of the course will assist individuals who want to become familiar with Green Building Rating Systems and LEED®, and are seeking foundational knowledge to benefit their role in the building design and construction industry. It will provide the attendee the ability to understand the green building movement and the application of sustainability in the marketplace, understand and enforce the core concepts and construction principles behind sustainable buildings, integrate green practices and strategies into construction processes and become knowledgeable enough about the LEED® rating system to apply it to their particular field of endeavor. Attendees leave with a general knowledge of several industry rating systems, with a broader focus on the LEED® rating system, its standards and requirements.